I joined a foodie pen pal program and I loooooved it!
Here is a little information about how it works.You don’t have to be a blogger to participate! For more in depth information please visit here.
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!
- The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only.
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
You can read the review of what I sent at: Bites of Balance
Each blogger gets assigned to another blogger and essentially we get 15 days to read their blog and learn as much as we can about them.
I devoured her blog, I absolutely looooved her about page because I felt like she gave me so much great info about who she really is. I loved the pen pal program, because while I never met her, I felt like I made a new friend.
I WILL SAY THAT AFTER GETTING MY OWN BOX, I felt like I jipped her:)
My pen pal is from Nourish and Flourish
As you can see, I scored BIG. It was a good day for me at the post office, my foodie pen pal and my BirchBox! WOO HOO, I could barely wait to get home!
For starters, my SHH DEVOURED the Nacho flavored Nut Chips in like T-minus 2 hours. I can not blame him, they were DELICIOUS. We don’t really eat chips so this was such a treat for us. THEY WERE SO GOOD. GO GET THEM RIGHT NOW.
I had the pleasure of enjoying the rest of the snackies:) I LOVED THE MOJO bar…it wasn’t packed with sugar so it was a perfect snack for me–NO CRASH! WOO HOO. The Luna bar is an old favorite of mine…I had this for emergency breakfast last week.
Our home is very Justin’s nut butter friendly, HOWEVER, I had never had the chocolate hazelnut and let me tell you…SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ALMOND BUTTER…no surprise there:) I LOVE IT!
Now, lets talk Ferrero Rocher….lets just say SHH had to take these away. They are on a top shelf somewhere in our house…half empty after only 2 days 😦 I am ashamed…but sugar giddy happy:)
MY AB FAB PEN PAL GIFT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE PIGGY TIMER. Normally, I hate trinkets, but this trinket is dual purpose. AND the alarm/dinger is adorable.
We are anxiously waiting to test the tomato container. I think its too cute for words and AGAIN has a real purpose:)
OK, I lied, my ab fab thing she sent was the cookies. They are sweet, and salty and chocolatey and nutty. I LOVED THEM. I tried to stipend them over a few days and failed miserably. MISERABLY. They did make it to wine weekend with the girls and were enjoyed by all:)
As mentioned, my pen pal was so good it made me feel like I wasn’t good enough!
My Professional Product Whore Opinion:
I’d do it again. It was so much fun. And giving was equally fun as receiving. Sending a gift to someone you barely know is SO FUN. Seriously, check it out.