I had my very first facial this weekend! WHAT?! You’ve never had a facial?!!!? How is that possible?!?! Truthfully, I do not know. But, man have I been missing out!
I got a recommendation from a good friend of a great little privately owned spot in town. She also sent me a killer first timers deal:) After reading about the salon and really REALLY loving the website and info I had found, I made an appointment.
I arrived a little early on Saturday AM to make sure I had time to fill out any paper work. When I arrived I fell in LOVE with the ambiance. There was a HUGE stone fireplace and the overall feeling was simple but well thought out.
I was brought back into the treatment room where I was walked thru expectations. I realized quickly that this was not going to be what I thought it would be :) I mean that in the best way!
The appointment started with a “skin lesson.” I actually can’t believe how much I learned.
Things I learned right away:
1. My treatment was going to be intense. Less relaxation more results. (YES! YES! YES!)
2. The skin is the largest organ in the body. It is important to treat it as such.
3. ANTIOXIDANTS ARE KING and all the products at this salon are made specifically with this in mind:
-Extensive studies indicate that diets high in antioxidant rich foods, such as fruit and vegetables, offer significant protection against other age-related degenerative diseases.
-All Peaches Skin Care is organic, filled with anti aging antioxidants and pure penetrating food for the skin!
4. When you use products that are too harsh for your skin, your skin will build up a callus layer to protect against any more damage…THIS IS AMAZING. I am sad to say, I had a thick layer.
5. MircoDerm is uncomfortable, but worth it.
6. Exfoliation is KEY MORNING AND NIGHT!
She started with a good cleaning and exfoliation. Then moved to MicroDerm-she set expectations really well for this so I was very prepared for the way it felt. It was like being licked by a hungry cat…but more aggressive:)
Then she moved on to extractions–I am 30 something and these were my first ever extractions, needless to say, this was pretty uncomfortable. Manageable, but definitely incentive to keep my skin clean in between treatments.
All the while I am enjoying hand, food and arm massages…I LOVED this part:)
Then, we moved on to the MircoCurrent treatment–this was also intense, but she set really good expectations about this so I was ready for it. Basically, its like a facelift with out surgery…stand by for more details on this.
Then more massaging…and a heat treatment on my neck and shoulders.
Then we moved on to the more relaxing part of treatment. A Milk of Magnesia mask….it sounds odd, but it was so so so soothing!!
Here I am at home with the same mask:
Then more massaging, and some follow up treatment info.
Because this was my first facial, I left looking like a mess. Seriously a mess. My skin felt amazing, but my extractions left me looking like a teenager.
After the treatment, my aesthetician took the last 15 mins to walk me thru the “prescribed post treatment.” I LOVE THIS CONSIDERATION! I love that she armed me with so much knowledge!
Here is my haul from the salon and some extra Sephora stuff too:
The biggest thing I took away was that I can not continue to put chemicals and parabens on my face-my first step was all new products and I returned everything I had been using. The truth is, I knew this was coming. I have known for months that I was going to make a natural change.
Peaches makes all their own products, you can order here: http://peachesskincare.com/order-products.html
“WHY ARE PEACHES PRODUCTS DIFFERENT?
“Because after almost 23 years in the skin care industry and after taking care of hundreds if not thousands of clients I have seen first hand what the RIGHT skin care products can do. Over the years we have developed two other skincare lines with Peaches as our third and the one we feel is a stand-out product.
Organic, filled with anti aging antioxidants and pure penetrating food for the skin. YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE with your first wash.
I have never believed in oily or combination skin, I believe we all have normal skin but we damage it by using foundation, bad skin care products, smoking and not knowing how to care for it.”
One of the things that impressed me the most is that they believe that beauty is for EVERYONE. To be authentic to this, ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS are priced under $30. I spend $100 on my serum! HOW REFRESHING! Stand by for my product reviews! I bought them all.
So back to my prescribed treatment.
You might have noticed in the haul image that there is a package of Monistat 7. Its part of my facial treatment. After I exfoliate/cleanse and tone, I apply a VERY thin layer of Monistat all over my face and neck. It seems weird to put vagina cream on my face, but they swear by it, and I’ll admit that my face is healing really really well. They say that its anti-fungal qualities help to heal acne.
Another interesting step is a Milk of Magnesia mask every night for the rest of the week. The first night after the facial, I was pretty tender, almost raw. The only thing that made it feel better is this mask. She recommended that I sleep in it, and I did-SHH is so LUCKY.
My overall impressions of my treatment:
1. I bought 4 more! I LOVE THIS PLACE
2. By the end I was so inspired by this experience and by my aesthetician that I HONESTLY considered a career change! SERIOUSLY, she was that good.
3. While I spend a lot of time and energy taking care of my skin, I know now that it wasn’t enough and that I had so much mis-information.
4. I believe in results more than relaxation :)
5. I am committing to using natural products on my body moving forward. Did you know that some countries banned parabens in cosmetics?! (stand by for more info on parabens) As you can see from my small haul from Sephora, I picked up an all natural scrub and lotion, both by Pacifica.
6. I APPRECIATE Sephora’s return policy so so so much, they constantly earn my continued support.
Addicted. I can not wait to go back and to report on my new products!